Funded by the European Union – REF: ERASMUS-EDU-2022-PEX-TEACH-ACA, grant agreement nº 101104693.
Period: June 2023 – June 2026
Funded by the European Union. Views and opinions expressed are however those of the author(s) only and do not necessarily reflect those of the European Union or the European Education and Culture Executive Agency (EACEA). Neither the European Union nor EACEA can be held responsible for them.
Tools for enhancing teachers’ digital, green and spatial skills towards an effective STEAM Education for Sustainable Development.
The GEO-Academy project will empower pre-service and in-service teachers to incorporate Geospatial Information Systems (GIS), Earth Observation (EO), Remote Sensing (RS) and Geospatial Storytelling within sustainability development education in schools. The goal is to create a community (GEO-Hub) for teachers in Europe, offering free and accessible resources and enhancing their digital, spatial, and green skills.
- Integrating geotechnologies (GIS, RS, and EO) and digital storytelling into educational practices.
- Flexible learning opportunities and state-of-the-art professional development approaches.
- Supporting school communities to study climate phenomena holistically.
- New teacher competencies (digital, green, spatial) to prepare students for geospatial and environmental careers.
- Schools as social innovators and active partners in efforts towards sustainability and climate change.
Project coordination: NTUA (National Technical University of Athens)
Partners: Lund University (Sweden), Eurisy (France), Cyprus Pedagogical Institute (Cyprus), University College of Teacher Education Tyrol (Austria), University of Coimbra (Portugal), European University Cyprus (Cyprus), Austrian Space Forum (Austria), Ellinogermaniki Agogi (Greece), NUCLIO (Portugal), Spotln (Greece), Professional Forum for Education (Bulgaria).
More information on the project website: